Global Meetings Mission
The ISTSS Global Meetings Committee was created in 2013, with representation from across the world, to hold ISTSS meetings outside the USA, as one element of ISTSS’s strategic goal to strengthen global relationships.
Through holding ISTSS meetings outside the USA, the Global Meetings Committee aims to:
- Disseminate and exchange evidence-based knowledge throughout the world;
- Increase the global profile of ISTSS;
- Develop strong global collaborations within the traumatic stress field;
- Develop capacity to deliver evidence-based interventions practice across the world; and
- Facilitate the transformation of ISTSS into a truly global organisation.
Four different types of meeting have been identified:
- Preparatory Meetings - To be held in areas without a STSS or with a developing STSS. Preparatory meetings will usually involve one ISTSS speaker giving a lecture and/or a workshop within another meeting. They will be used to start building a relationship between ISTSS and those involved in the field of traumatic stress locally. They will aim to create awareness of ISTSS, explore a later ISTSS meeting and the development of a local STSS.
- Half day or one day ISTSS PMIs – To be held in collaboration with an affiliate society.
- One or two day ISTSS Meetings - To be held anywhere in the world as long as undertaken in close collaboration with local STSS if existent. A local organization committee with ISTSS co-chair and ISTSS speakers will primarily organize these meetings.
- 2-3 day ISTSS Conferences - To be held in places not covered by well established regional STSS organisations. If a less established local STSS exists it should be closely collaborated with.
Current Committee Members
- Megan Berthold
- Jon Bisson
- Doug Brewer
- Grete Dyb (ISTSS Executive Committee representative)
- Julian Ford
- Nancy Kassam-Adams
- Debra Kaysen
- Yoshiharu Kim
- Christian Kristensen
- Gladys Mwiti
- Miranda Olff
- Carolina Salgado
- Paula Schnurr
- Ulrich Schnyder (Chair)
- Veronica Vitriol
If you are interested in hosting a meeting, or would like to propose a meeting location, please contact Ulrich Schnyder.