ISTSS engages its members in advancing traumatic stress science and uses research to improve prevention and clinical care, promote resilience, and inform public education and public policy.
ISTSS promotes advancement and exchange of knowledge about traumatic stress, including
ISTSS activities to advance traumatic stress science include:
Find state of the art trauma research in the Journal of Traumatic Stress
The table of contents and article abstracts for the Journal are available to all.
ISTSS members have access to full-text articles from the Journal.
Research Methodology Special Interest Group (RMSIG)
The ISTSS Research Methodology SIG
explores current, state-of-the-art methodological approaches,
fosters communication among researchers and between researchers and practitioners, and
provides educational opportunities, especially aimed at new or junior investigators.
In 2004, the RMSIG initiated a five year series of meetings (the Conference on Innovations in Trauma Research Methods) that produced a rich interchange among researchers and several enduring products, including special sections of the Journal of Traumatic Stress.
Trauma research journals from ISTSS affiliated societies and collaborating organizations
Journals from ISTSS affiliated societies:
- Trauma and Gewalt from the Deutschsprachige Gesellschaft Fuer Psychotraumatologie (DeGPT)
- European Journal of Psychotraumatology from the European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
- Japanese Journal of Traumatic Stress from the Japanese Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (JSTSS)
- Revista de Psicotrauma para Iberoamerica from the Argentine Society for Psychotrauma (SAPsi)
- Revue francophone du Stress et du Trauma from the Association de Langue Francaise pour l'Etude du Stress et du Traumatisme (ALFEST)
Journals from ISTSS collaborating organizations: