ISTSS Membership FAQ
ISTSS is moving from a calendar year membership to an anniversary membership cycle.
What does this mean for you? Read on for answers and let us know if you have any questions.
Q: What is an anniversary membership?
A: An anniversary membership is one that begins on the first day of the month in which it is purchased and is valid for 365 days. For example, an anniversary membership purchased on April 1, 2017 will begin on April 1, 2017 and will have a paid through date of March 31, 2018. In the past, ISTSS has offered calendar memberships that begin on January 1 and end on December 31 of the current year.
Q: Does it matter what day of the month I join?
A: Yes. If you join between the 1st
and the 14th
, your member paid through date is the 31st
of the previous month. If you join between the 15th
your paid through date is the 31st
of the current month. For example, a member that joins on September 8th
will have a member paid through date of August 31st
or if a member joins on September 18th
the member paid through date will be September 30th
Q: I like my membership on a calendar year. Do I have to change?
A: No. If you have been a members of ISTSS since before April 2017, your membership remains on a calendar year cycle (January 1 – December 31). As long as you renew your membership before your member paid through date, nothing will change. Your membership will remain January 1 – December 31.
Q: I joined, renewed or reinstated my ISTSS membership between January 1 and April 16, 2017. When does my membership expire?
A: If you joined, renewed or reinstated your ISTSS membership between January 1 and April 16, 2017, your membership is still on the calendar year cycle (January 1 – December 31) and your member paid through date is December 31, 2017. If you joined or reinstated your membership after April 16, 2017 you will automatically be placed on the new anniversary cycle. For example, a member who joins on September 1, 2017 will have a paid through date of August 31, 2018.
Q: What if I renew my membership after my member paid through date?
- If an ISTSS member renews their membership within one month of their member paid through date the member will keep the same dates they had previously.
- If an ISTSS member does not renew their membership within one month of their member paid through date their membership will changed to lapsed/non-member status. Consequently, no longer having access to ISTSS benefits reserved for members.
- If an individual reinstates their membership after being changed to lapsed/non-member, they will have a new anniversary date.
Q: When will I receive renewal notices?
- If your membership paid through date is August 31st you have until September 30th to renew your membership.
- On September 30th your membership will be changed to lapsed/non-member.
- If you reinstate your lapsed membership on or after October 1 your membership paid through date will reflect your new anniversary date.
A: You will receive renewal notices on a schedule tied to the paid through date of your membership. Notices will begin 90 days prior to your membership paid through date. If your membership paid through date is December 31 you can expect to receive email renewal notices beginning the end of September.
Q: How will the anniversary dues cycle affect my Journal of Traumatic Stress Studies (JTS) subscription?
Your ISTSS membership and the Journal of Traumatic Stress Studies (JTS)
print and electronic subscriptions will be on the same cycle. Just renew before your membership paid through date and you will continue to receive your subscription as you always have.
Q: What if I have questions about my membership?
A: Call ISTSS at +1-847-686-2234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our staff will be happy to help you.